Wednesday, February 23, 2011

thinking....

I have done nothing but think all day. I am starting to lean toward getting an existing structure. Here's why:

1. Established neighborhoods
2. No construction traffic (nails in the road) or noise
3. Having neighbors (friends for kids)
4. A much faster move in date vs. building

If we are going to take the time to build something, I want it to be perfect. Exactly how we want. I mean God only knows whether the neighborhood will continue to grow or not. And it's much further away from his work then we want it to be. If we're going to take those risks and such, then in my mind, it should be for what we want, and no less. Why build if you have to settle?

If we build something that's not all we want it to be, then we're settling. And for what? A months away move-in date while they build? In a questionable neighborhood? NO neighbors? Lots of construction work and noise? Further away from where we want to be? Why settle for that when there are many fine homes out there right now we could move into and NOT wait and put up with that crap, and be in the area we want?! If we have to settle it might as well be for something where we want it to be and have to wait 4 months to move. You know?

I don't think we can build this house they way we want, and afford it. And the more and more I think about it, the more and more I'm convinced of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment