Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I can't remember if I have seen pictures of other bloggers homes decorated for Christmas on blogs, or on FB. lol I think maybe a bit a both. But they were all beautiful. Someone did ask me to post pics here though. So I thought I'd post a few of the decorations we have. Nothing major. It's a new home and it's going to take time to get it the way we want. We still don't have curtains. But we aren't the only ones. =)

This didn't quite turn out how I had
imagined.  But I'm not re-doing it.
It stays.  lol  Next year I'll figure something
else out



Morning Room Light

We have more plans for all this next year.  Starting with curtains.
lol 



These are just a few of the decorations we've done.  We do want to do more, and have plans.  But all that takes time.  We've also wrapped the banister in garland & lights, and have red blubs and silver bulbs hanging between the posts by red ribbon.  No good pics of that though.  We have some garland and poinsettias above the kitchen cabinets.  And of course, wreaths and floral arrangements, snowmen, and such around the house.  The girls got pick a wreath for each their bedroom doors.  =)    They loved that.

For all those who settled this past year, or will be settling before the year is out:  I hope you all enjoy your first Christmas in your new homes.

To all those who are considering building, still building, or just dropping in, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas as well.  I hope each of you enjoy your holidays.

My sister will be my neighbor soon, and family from Germany will also be here soon.  We got some bad news regarding my Grandfather's health, and this will be our last Christmas with him.  With all our family here, we plan on making it a great one.   Treasure every moment you have with those you love.  In the end, it's all that matters.

So HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

5 comments:

  1. Your tree and fireplace look great! Enjoy your first holiday in your new home! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!! I love your decorations. Hope you and your family have an awesome holiday together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We settle tomorrow and I can't wait for my house to look like yours - all cute and decorated!!! It looks so nice and cozy. Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks festive! Bet you have some excited kid's at your house!!

    Glad your sister will be moving soon!

    Don't feel bad about not having curtains! We have been in our home for one year yesterday and I am just getting curtains put up in the diningroom tomorrow! It all takes time.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and THANKS for sharing your home building journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. Your house looks wonderful with all the decorations. Can't wait to see more pics. We are closing right after Christmas. on 29th. So at least for this year Santa has to visit us in our old apt. But my girls are already planning decorations for all the holidays in the next year. As for curtains, I will be happy if I would be able to finalize blinds for the whole house before closing. With all the possibilities with blinds, curtains, furniture color and color scheme, it's super confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete