What a week (past 5 days. I know it's only Wed.).
I found out last night, after reading one blog and doing some research online that the MPI (is that right? It's like PMI for FHA loans) is going up in 3 days,on the 18th, a quarter a percent (.25%). From everything I read that makes a 4.75% loan more like a 5.125% loan. BIG difference in price. We estimated everything at 5% interest, just in case. But, this put it's about $43 a month over that estimate. And the 5% estimate was our last "affordable" estimate. So now, I'm freaking out. FREAKING OUT!! I don't want to get in over our heads. Hopefully by next Friday, I will know one way or the other what's going on. =/
There is also some mumblings of a hike in interest rates soon. None of this is sitting well with me at all, as you can imagine. If we get turned down, I'll know why.
My Grandfather is doing ok. He is glad to be home. =) I should find out by Friday what, if any, treatment he has chose to get for his lung cancer. I can't imagine it will be much. He knows his Alzheimer's is already progressing more quickly than we anticipated. =(
My husband's grandfather is now in the hospital, congestive heart failure. It was very touch and go Sunday. He has made some small improvement since then. But we just don't know what's going to happen.
Our landlord seems impatient with us and wants an answer to us moving or not. *sigh* Remember, our lease was up Jan. 31. They are being kind to allow us a month to month right now with no contract while we wait.
I am ready for some good news. I really am. I want it to be this loan, and this house. I want to be able to afford it. I fear we will no longer be getting this loan. Some days, it seems like life is just baring down on me and I don't know how much longer I can stand it. But for now, I am trying to hold my ground. One day at a time, right?
In other news, I am taking the girls next week to get their flower girl dresses for my sister's wedding. =)
Life is stressful right now, but I am still here! I'm still hanging on.
Minaq2, thanks for asking how he was doing. I know this was a bit more than you asked, but I think maybe I just needed to get it out. *hugs*
UPDATE: We had to go by and sign the final change orders today. Our Rep said that if we got pre-approved chances are good we already have an FHA case # and are grandfathered in. =) So of course, we call our loan person and left a message, just to make sure. YAY! Some good news...or at least some hope for good news!
UPDATE 2: Our loan Rep was going to call our Loan officer to make sure we had a case number, and if we don't, they are going to get us one so we can be grandfathered in! =) So our 4.75% interest rate is what it is. =D SUPER HAPPY!!! And if it goes up a quarter point, we're still good. Man, I can't tell you the relief this has brought me! =D =D =D