Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I can't stop crying!!

My husband just came for lunch. He said he had bad news, worse news, and good news.

Bad news: He wasn't going to be home for dinner
Worse news: We wouldn't be here on the actual day of our youngest's 2nd birthday

Why?

GREAT NEWS: He just won an all expenses paid trip for he and I to Atlantis in the Bahamas! No! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!

He won it through work!! Actually he's dealership won it, and they chose to give it to him. I am so overwhelmed right now!!

We have to get some passports ASAP!! We leave toward the end of June!!

I can't stop crying!!

A Honeymoon!! A real honeymoon!!!


My husband and I got married in October of '99. We paid for it all. His parents did pay for the rehearsal dinner, but everything else fell on us to pay. And it wasn't cheap. We had very little left for a honeymoon. So in October, we took $800 and went to Myrtle Beach, SC. It was cold. It was empty and a lot of places were closed.

And now...we get a FREE trip to the ONE place I have wanted to go for years and years and years! And...NO KIDS!!! My sister, mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law are all stepping in to help us by watching them so we can take this incredible trip of a lifetime!

I can't believe this!!!! You guys have NO idea how badly I have wanted this. I check it out online every year. I have prayed, and hoped, and.... I never, NEVER really thought we would be able to go. It's so expensive.

And now...We're going. FOR FREE!!!

God is good!!!

Forgive me Lord for all my doubts I have ever had.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, you totally scared me and thought the worse! Congrats on winning the trip that is sooooo Cool! Make sure you take lots lots of pictures.

    I am so happy for you! Congrats again yay..... Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Stephanie!! I tried typing this through tears! I'm surprised if it even made any sense. lol I am so overwhelmed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very exciting - congratulations! Go and enjoy a nice relaxing trip without any kids or worries...and don't forget to share a couple pictures with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!!! Congrats Noey!!! You deserve it totally! I only got to go inthe lobby of Atlantis since I was on a cruise, but I've always wanted to stay there! I know you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is amazing!!!!! Congratulations :) You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! You scared me too at first, but you explained it well. Congrats, enjoy your honeymoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great news, free trips are always good. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats...that's awesome news. I was worried when I started reading...wasn't sure what to expect. It sounds like its well deserved though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my heart sunk when I first saw this...you are SO LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS! I am so jealous! I have been checking the prices of the Cove hotel on the island for a couple of years also...It is ridiculously expensive!

    Very happy for you guys enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to have scared ya'll!! I was just crying so much and so in awe and shock. I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind.

    Minaq: OMGosh!! The cove is SUPER Expensive. We're staying in the Royal Towers. It seems to be the nicest of the 3 towers but it's not the super duper nice places like the Cove and Reef parts (luxury resort suites there). I'm not knocking it! Free air fare, free food, free room in the nicest of the towers and now someone has so generously offered to pay for our passports!! I can't believe it!!

    Thank you everyone. I don't know about "deserving it". But I sure am thankful beyond words for it and for all the people willing to help us out and watch our 3 children while we're gone. WE ARE BLESSED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is your anon. neighbor.... you are going to LOVE it, We went there years ago and it was spectacular, simply amazing!! So glad for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me worried too! I am so excited for you, that is so amazing! You guys deserve it, I hope you have the time of your life! And I hope you share some pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Congratulations!! That is SO awesome! I went to the Riu (right next to Atlantis) July of '09, and made many trips back and forth to Atlantis. It is amazing and I wasn't even a guest there! I can only imagine how wonderful this is going to be for you. I'm so happy for you!!!! And, I totally understand because we are paying for our whole wedding as well and trying to figure out honeymoon plans as we speak. YAY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy it! You guys are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete