Tuesday, May 24, 2011

UNDER ROOF!!!




WINDOWS, SLIDING GLASS DOOR, & FRONT DOOR!!


This was about 6:15 tonight (the time on the camera is wrong...I'm still working on trying to fix that) and they were still working!! I couldn't believe it! God bless these wonderful men!! Do you think they ever stop to think that they are dream builders? They are building people's dreams? I still am in awe at how hard they were still working! I pray God pour out of measure of his goodness upon them and their families.

My husband has been unable to get out to the site at all since the pre-con meeting (I told ya'll he works ALL THE TIME). When I told him we were under roof he couldn't believe it! He can't wait to see the pics. I am hoping to drag him out there Friday. =) My kids squealed the whole way down the road as soon as they saw they house!

And... I got to meet another potential neighbor. =) She was very nice and had a son in 1st grade!! I loved her outfit! lol There are only 3 lots left where we are and she is trying to decide which one is for her. There is rumor someone maybe moving lots, which would open up the lot we first wanted. I hope she finds what she needs and is happy. Picking a lot is hard work. Especially when there are only 3 left!!

I didn't go in the house. Buzz saws were still going and I didn't want to get in the way. But I'm super excited!! And to see our windows and doors there too! *contented sigh* I love our front door!! (it will be black eventually).

So that's my update!!!

Going to try to stay away until Friday...hopefully I can make it! lol

15 comments:

  1. Woo hoo - congratulations! I love your front door with that glass...that is not an option here and it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! We asked about the front door and garage door b/c we loved them so much. And we were excited to find out they came standard on the cottage look (elevation L) we got. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It's amazing how fast it goes up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are moving on the house.Now comes the tedious stuff. It won't be long now. Time will fly. Thanks for the pictures. Maybe we can go this weekend to check it out. Love you all and feel better

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOM!!! I would LOVE to take you over to look at it! =)

    They are suppose to do plumbing and roofing on Friday. Next week maybe heating and air? I am guessing when all that is done we'll have our pre-drywall and then electrical will get done, the insulation, and then drywall!! EEP!!

    Then stuff will probably start being installed...cabinets, counters, tubs, showers, flooring, ect. I'm only guessing though. I know once the counters are in, they lock up the house and we have to get the keys from our Rep.

    I can't wait!! I'd love to take you!!! And thanks. I want us all to feel better soon too.

    KM: Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Noey!! It's amazing how fast the lumber goes vertical :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Steve!! And OH MY! Yes it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house looks AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay it's up! That nap was all that worker needed to get going. Lol it looks great Noey and I love your front door with the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is the *like* button? lol I could really use it on these comments. Thanks ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I am soooo jealous of your door, the only upgraded option is a stain in Maryland. I really have been wanting that door for awhile with glass. Oh well, I guess one more thing to add to my WISH LIST! lol The house is coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi...I am the "potential neighbor" that you met! Your blog is so informative and takes some of the scary out of it. If you don't mind me asking...did you use a realtor or did you negotiate for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello again!! We had a friend of mine who's a realtor be our realtor. She came with us. We told her what our original offer would be and she said to go for it. So we did. =) So we kinda did it ourselves, but she told us it was a good starting point... so she helped. =)

    Sorry I'm not much help here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That helps more than you know. I know what my realtor is thinking but this will be my first home and I don't want to offend or miss an opportunity. I think I am going to let her "go for it" too :) Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you post some of your home’s latest pictures here? Looking at the status of the house in those pictures, it isn't nearly done yet, but I'm pretty sure after a year it will be. I’d love to see how it turns out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete