I finally got to sleep in my bed last night. AHHHHHH!!!
I got to tell you, it's kinda weird. Anytime we've ever moved before, there as been an adjustment period. We've moved in, and even though our stuff was there, it took some time to see it as home and feel like home.
NOT THIS TIME!!
No adjustments needed. And it's not just me. It's like this for my kids and husband too. It truly feels like home. =) Kinda like we've been here for years (minus all the boxes that remind us we haven't been). I never knew it could be this way. It feels great!
Some things to keep in mind when you move:
1. Put your beds up ASAP. We didn't get our bed up until it almost too late. Not fun. You are tired and just want to go to bed. Make sure it's done once the trucks are unloaded.
2. Daylight only lasts so long. Take advantage if you don't have over-head lighting in yet. (for example, you may want to get some of those overhead lights up and working)
3. Blinds/shades are good thing!! The sun sure does come up early!! lol
Boxes can wait. Get what you need out immediately!! But some of it can be put off until these things are accomplished. And the more help you have, the better. We couldn't have done this without all the wonderful people who put in their hard work and long hours to help us.
There was an update on the carpet tacks around the banister:
1. My daughter is all caught up on her tetanus shots, so the doc said she wouldn't need it. Other wise, guess where we would be this a.m.?
2. Our PM came by personally this morning. I wasn't dressed yet, so I ran. lol He did talk to my hubby though. Long story short, they are going to come fix the tacks at the banister upstairs. =) My kids love that banister. Especially my toddler. They love being able to look down and talk to us from it.
I hate that any of them got hurt like that. But I'm thankful if anyone had too, it was my eldest and not my baby. My eldest handled it like trooper. I'm not sure my youngest or middle girl would have done so well. And I am super impressed our PM came by personally to talk to us about it!
Ok...off to unpack and do more things around here. I have never been more motivated to get things done! =)